I started out with a wire armature, then built up the form with epoxy clay. I textured the top part of the caulizombie by pressing the sculpture into a mold I created from real cauliflower. After the final details were formed, I finished the sculpt with acrylic paint and varnish.
This little guy was a commission for Christmas. Epoxy clay, acrylic. 3.5 x 2.5 x 2 inches
This guy is cast in pink resin with purple rubbed into the details. Cauliflower is awesome!
I used Brush-on 40 to cast and paint the flexible cast and Free Form Air/ acrylic for the small rigid bits.
Free Form Air epoxy clay tinted with So-Strong pigments. These little barnacles will get paint later ;).
Because the cast is thin, it stays flexible. I’m actually going to use it concave, how it’s shown in the bottom right. The cast is made through applying thin layers of a tinted urethane rubber. Painting to come!